Day Sailing - Experience Builder - Mono Hull
- Duration: 6 Hours
- Location: Balmain, NSW
- Product code: DSMONO
The instructor will be with you at all stages, but will only be active when required, providing hints and reinforcing decision making. The rest is up to the team on the day.
A typical day will be charting a course for Manly and sailing back. At Manly we will anchor, have a short break for lunch then get going again. Those wanting a quick swim may do so.
- Weather planning
- Course planning using an iPad and Navionics
- All angles of sail covered, each student to make decisions regarding sail trim
- Potential reefing of sails
- Safe decision making regarding traffic
- Co-ordinating team members
- Anchoring, safe placement of yacht next to other vessels
- Using a pole for genoa, downwind (mono hull only)
- Using a preventer in conjunction with above (mono hull only)
A senior instructor will be there to assist and advise, but the focus on these days is to have students making key decisions. Highly recommended for those wanting to gain some more experience.